I went with my brother to the Apple Store today, he was planning on a new MacBook Pro1 while I just wanted to mess with an iPad finally.
Summary of my iPad experience:
- Damn there’s a lot of people.
- When the hell will one of these free up for me to play with!
- …this dock cable is really twisted and frayed.
- Everyone was right, this is surprisingly heavy.
- :Grinning like an idiot:
- The MLB app really is crashy.
- That music next to me sounds familiar…hey Flight Control is on these things!
- :Proceeds to destroy the high score:
- Hippo Trouble looks nice…other than the damn fixed background thing on iDevice Safari.
- ESPN.com looks pretty awesome, hey Laker highlights!
- Said Laker highlights sparks a short conversation with an older couple asking about the iPad.
- They mention the weight, I say it’s surprisingly heavy and hand it to them, they think it’s light. Maybe they’re making an immediate comparison to the 20″ iMac they’re lugging around?
- I can’t wait.
Well I don’t have a choice. The announced date was “late April” of course so I was expecting that. But nooooo, the store is now showing May 7th. Just a few days ago I was mocking foreigners for having to wait for the newly announced May date for them, and now here I am in the same boat.
I’m not from some damn third world country2, this is America dammit! Those worldwide iPads better be coming after May 7th so I can rub in American superiority as usual!
And yes it was an incredible pain in the ass3, it just shows how much of an outrage this is! I have a hard enough time as a minority, now I have to wait for superior electronics like a foreigner!
- And yes he complained about the sharp edges within a few hours of using it.
- Third world country = anything other than the United States of America. I’m not sure where US territories like Guam fit in though, did they get iPads on April 3rd?
- It is incredibly hard to write HTML code on the iPhone keyboard. Opening and closing tags takes a whole bunch of keyboard switching.